Qatar National Library
To complete the registration and receive your account’s password, kindly scan Or send via smart phone your valid Qatari ID (both sides) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the QNL branch at the HBKU Student Center, Education City, and provide your Qatari ID or Residence Permit to be scanned. Once you get your PIN, you will be able to access the online resources provided by QNL.
Please enter the following information: (* means required field)
IB Extended Essay Information
- Nature of the extended essay
- Responsibilities of the student
- Advice to students from examiners
- Researching and writing the extended essay
- Formal presentation of the extended essay
- The Viva Voce (concluding interview)
- Assessment criteria
- Subject-specific guides & criteria
- Group 1: Language & Literature
- Group 2: Any essay written in a learned language - on any topic
- Business Management
- Environmental Systems & Societies
- Sports, Exercise and Health Science
- Visual Arts
- World Studies
Points awarded for the Extended Essay in conjunction with the Theory of Knowledge Essay - out of a maximum total of 45 points.
(See the IBO webpage on Assessment for more information.)
World Studies Essay
Please note: Sample essays B and C are too large to upload. Please ask in the library for access if you would like to see them.
- Biology Examiner's Report 2015
- Business and Management Examiner's Report 2015
- Chemistry Examiner's Report 2015
- English A Examiner's Report 2015
- English B Examiner's Report 2012
- Film Examiner's Report 2015
- Geography Examiner's Report 2015
- History Examiner's Report 2015
- Mathematics Examiner's Report 2015
- Physics Examiner's Report 2015
- Visual Arts Examiner's Report 2015
Curiosity is one of humanity’s most important characteristics. It has enabled us to make the unknown known, to break barriers and to shine a light on all aspects of life, from our day to day hobbies to the exploration of the stars. Our innate desire to explore is responsible for many of our proudest achievements. This course will help train you to harness your curiosity and use it to undertake your own research projects in a scholarly manner.
The course is intended for anyone who is currently undertaking or planning to undertake a piece of academic research, be that the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), International Baccalaureate Extended Essay, coursework or a piece of independent scholarship. The course is running in March, June and September 2016 so you can chose the start date that suits you (select your preference on the right-hand-side).
Developed and delivered by research-active academics, the course will support you with every step of the research process, from developing a hypothesis and finding sources to writing up and presenting one’s findings.
The practical, hands-on lessons will give you the opportunity to share your ideas with fellow researchers from all over the world, to receive peer feedback on your research proposals and enable you to review and comment on the work of other researchers, building a supportive community of like-minded curious learners.
There are no specific course requirements, other than a curious disposition and desire to undertake some academic research.
ISL Qatar Extended Essay - Forms and support documents
ISL Qatar Extended Essay - Self-evaluation and assessment
- Summer - preparing the draft
- Checklist for first draft of the EE
- Guidelines for checking the essay
- Assessment Criteria
- Formal presentation of the EE
- Checklist for final presentation of the essay
- Assessment grid for final submission
- Extended Essay Progress Report
- Predicted Grade Sheet
- Sample Bibliography
- Sample Title Page