You are designing an awareness poster for a medical clinic in your community. These are the types of posters you see in the Doctor’s office. Your job is to educate the community on the importance of healthy living. The human body is an organisation of many systems and these systems rely on each other to work efficiently.
- You will design your poster with a partner. Each of you will work on a separate body system.
- Each poster MUST include two body systems. One of these systems MUST include the skeletal system.
- Before you design your poster, you must answer the following questions:
a. What is the system you have chosen?
b. How does the system help us?
c. What are the different parts of the system?
d. How does this system work?
e. How do we take care of this system so that it does not break down?
f. Is this system interdependent on other body systems? If so, how?
4. You will have 2 lessons to plan, research and design your poster. You will have an additional 90 minutes to complete your poster
- For each body system, you must include at least 2 images, correctly cited.
- For this task, you are only allowed to research online materials from the school library using Destiny. For each body system, you must use AT LEAST 4 web sources.
- You will not be able to use information found from Wikipedia, Yahoo.com, Yahoo Answers, Ask.com or other common student research sites.
- Attached are the MYP Assessment Criteria for One World & Communication. Ensure you look at these to ensure you have covered everything required for your research.
To achieve a 5 or 6, you will need to have achieved the following:
Criterion B: Communication in Science
- Uses sufficient scientific language correctly.
- Communicates scientific information effectively.
- When appropriate to the task, documents sources of information correctly.
Criterion A: One World
- Gives example of how science is applied and how it may be used to address a specific problem or issue in a local or global context.
- Makes comments on the effectiveness of science and its application in solving the problem or issue.
- Makes comments on the implications of the use and application of science interacting with at least two of the following factors: moral, ethical, social, economic, political, cultural and environmental.
Human Circulatory System. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 19 Feb 2014.