A balanced diet is necessary to maintain good health. When a diet is lacking in some food types, or too much of one type of food is consumed, Diet Related Disease can result.
Last Updated: Jun 8, 2016
Points to Remember:
- It is helpful to begin by reading general articles in an encyclopedia to get an understanding of the topic and to help to formulate searching questions.
- Before you begin your research, make sure that you have posed good, searching questions that will drive your research.
- Once you have those questions, underline or circle the most important words - they will be the key words you use when searching.
- Use the Command F or Control F functions to locate specific words in an article.
- You will not find a source that will answer your question exactly. Your sources will give you information that you will then think about, synthesise and use to formulate your own argument.
- Use Noodle Tools to keep track of your sources, make notes, make your essay outline, transfer your notes into Word, and use them to write your essay, write correct in-text citations and create an accurate Works Cited List.
In this fiery and funny talk, New York Times food writer Mark Bittman weighs in on what's wrong with the way we eat now (too much meat, too few plants; too much fast ...