Reading a Follett eBook - from cover to cover
All you need to know about Destiny eBooks and Audiobooks
- If you check out a book on one device, you can read it on any other device by opening the app.
- If you want to return a book early, you must do so on the device where you originally dowloaded it.
- The book will automatically be returned to the library on the due date. If you want it for longer, you must renew it, or check it out again.
- Your notes will still be visible the next time you check out the book.
- Provided the book is not out to anyone else, you will still see your notes if you open the book, even if you don't check it out.
Reading from your device with the Follett BryteWave App
Step 1: Logging in to the Follett BryteWave™ App
a. Download and install Follett BryteWave from the App store or Google Play.
b. Launch the mobile app.
c. Enter your User Name and Password.
User Name: studentID@student.islqatar.org
Password: your regular school password
d. Enter the Follett Shelf URL: wbb03235.follettshelf.com
e. If you are on a private/safe/secure device and want to skip steps C and D next time you access the mobile app, select the Stay logged in check box. Tap Log In.
Follett Shelf URL for ISLQatar:
Step 2: Accessing Follett Shelf and Checking Out an eBook
a. Tap the Follett Shelf icon to go to your school’s Follett Shelf.
b. Search for the eBook you want to read.
c. Tap on the eBook cover or the Open Book link, and then tap Checkout and Download Now.
Step 3: Reading a Checked Out eBook
a. Tap the book cover to open and read the book.
b. To return to My Checkouts, tap the Bookbag menu option. If you don’t see your latest checkouts, tap Synchronize from the menu.
Note: To access a checked out eBook and corresponding notes from another device, you need to move the book back online. From the My Checkouts screen, tap Move Online. You must be online to synchronize your checkouts and download eBooks.
Getting started with the Destiny Quest app
Download the Destiny Quest app for iPad and iPhone
When prompted for the URL for ISLQatar's library, use
Once in Destiny Quest, tap the Follett shelf icon and you will be taken to the ISL Qatar Follett shelf. There you will see all our eBooks, and also the option to narrow your search.
EBooks and audio books from the ISL Qatar library
In order to download eBooks and audio books from the ISL Qatar library on Destiny, it is necessary for a student to activate his/her account. Students from Grade 4 to 12 have ISL Qatar email addresses and passwords, and are able to log in with no difficulty.
Parents of students from EC to Grade 3 will need to follow the instructions given in the Help Sheet available below to activate their child's account. The activation is a one-off procedure which will give access to eBooks and online resources.
eBooks in the ISL Qatar Library
eBooks in the ISLQatar Library can be accessed in several ways.
1. From your mobile device, using the Destiny Quest or Follett BryteWave apps.
2. From your browser, via the Destiny Catalogue. Access the catalogue from the home page of the school website. Login using your normal school email and password.
Fron the Catalog tab:
- Click on the Follett Shelf tab on the Catalog Page.
•select eBooks from the Material Type dropdown menu, OR
•do a search for eBooks, OR
Follett apps for iPad and iPhone and Android devices
Information on the Destiny Quest app
An intuitive, easy to use app allows you to:
• Search for resources in your library
• Submit and read ratings and reviews
• Place holds and add items to My List
• Discover the Top 10 Most Popular titles and New Books at your library
• Maintain lists of books you’re Now Reading, Want to Read and Have Read
• View your Account information including checkouts, holds and outstanding fines
• Use the Resource Lists posted by Teachers & Librarians, to find resources on the topics discussed in class.
- Enjoy easy and instant access to your school library’s Follett eBook collection on the go from your mobile device with the Follett BryteWave app. The Follett BryteWave app gives you access to Follett eBooks that you have checked out from your library.
- Supports offline reading - Download reader access (for when you need to travel outside of WiFi hotspot and 3G/4G range) You can access any eBooks you already have checked out in FollettShelf, as well as access eBook notes and highlights and view eBooks in text only for easier reading all while offline. You can move eBooks online during the loan period to read in the browser from another device.
- Your eBooks will automatically return at the end of the loan period or you can return them early.
- Intuitive navigation; swipe, pinch, tap and gesture your way through your eBooks and the reader tools.