What do I want to achieve?
Criteria for assessment:
To achieve a level 5-6, the MYP descriptors are:
- Uses sufficient scientific language correctly.
- Communicates scientific information effectively.
- When appropriate to the task, documents sources of information correctly.
Your work will indicate that:
- I used scientific language correctly nearly all the time.
- I used appropriate AND good communication modes and formats.
- Good use of images
- All images referred to / explained
- Key ideas well explained
- URL with ALL images
- I acknowledged the work of others well:
- Use more than 4 sources of information
- Correct MLA style Bibliography
- Correct “Bibliography” title
- Format hanging
- Alphabetical order
5Volt. “Energy Threat Meter.” Photograph. Flickr. 6 August 2007. Web. 13 June 2014
Research ONE TYPE of renewable energy and then prepare a three-minute presentation to the class.
|Include the following:||You must have:|
Describe what renewable energy means
Explain how your ONE renewable method works
Describe the advantages of your method
Describe the problems / limitations of your method
Evaluate / give your opinion about your method
Show your sources
(a) A presentation. This includes…
· You talking (live or recorded)
· Bibliography (MLA)
(b) At least ONE correctly cited image
· URL with each image
· Bibliography at end (MLA… )
(c) Your presentation could be
· PrezziePoster as part of your presentation
|Analogue and digital sports watches. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica. ImageQuest. Web. 13 Jun 2014.|
No matter how good your presentation is, it will be STOPPED at exactly THREE MINUTES.
You might want to practice…